Luxury Scented Joan Sims Candle
Dear, lovely Joan. Mr Sainted remembers his parents sitting on the sofa, howling with laughter at Carry On films, and became a bit of a devotee himself, by proxy. See Saint Joan in action here for a reminder of times past...definite Saint
Luxury never smelled so good! A 30cl (300ml) glossy black jar containing hand-filled candle with your choice of two utterly beguiling scents: Dark Habit, or Blooming Bush (read on for descriptions). And vegans rejoice!! It’s SOY. Glorious, fabulous, soy. Natural, renewable, biodegradable soy with (wait for it) a sexier-than sexy shiny metal lid. So it's basically a design piece even when it's not lit. You're welcome.
DARK HABIT - A rich, moody, positively sensual, mix of blackberry, leather and birch.
This scent has top notes of blackcurrant, bergamot and apple, leading to an aromatic heart of birch, incense with peppery rose and Moroccan jasmine, sitting on (what else?) a delicious base of oak moss and ambergris. Brings to mind lying in a wooded area, being gently chastised across the bare buttocks with birch twigs, whilst straining at the wrist against the pleasing feeling of leather restraints. Or perhaps that’s just us…either way, HEAVENLY for the enthusiast of a dark, rich scent.
BLOOMING BUSH - Like a floral orgasm, but without all the mess of having a real one.
This winner of a fragrance is an energising, aromatic expression of joy. Like Springtime on steroids. A pleasingly bright blend of delicious ingredients designed to lift one’s mood with juicy peach and blood orange as the zingy top notes, softened by sweet night jasmine and violet at its heart. A delicious dash of warm coriander, the creamy base notes of woods, musk, and just the campest little hint of vanilla. Guaranteed to result in olfactory arousal.
For those candle care officianados and those who (quite rightly) want to get the best out of their fabulous scented sainted purchase, read on:
- Before lighting, ensure the wick is trimmed to about 4mm. This gives the most efficient burn.
- For maximum olfactory stimulation, however tempting, burn only one scent at a time and let your primed-and-ready little nasal receptors focus and luxuriate.
- First burn: somewhere between two and four hours. That means the melted wax will reach near the edges of the glass and achieve maximum scent next lighting. If you burn for less you’ll get a little hollow and reduced scent – take time to enjoy it and it will serve you beautifully.
- Keep away from draughts – they can do untold things to your wick and make your candle burn unevenly, and too quickly. Quelle horreur
- ENJOY! Your candle is a thing of beauty and its scent will get you like a good massage – you know, like when you get a really good bit and go “Oh god, that’s what I was after” – same with scented candles. Not only does it cast an atmospheric glow in its beautifuly, stylish, glossy little vessel, but every so often you catch an extra heady whiff and think to yourself “Oh yessssssssss”. LOVELY.